It’s been a little over four decades since Bioguard first emerged on the scene as an upstart pool chemical company. Today, BioGuard is recognized as one of the nation’s premier suppliers of pool and spa care products in the industry.
We’ve earned our reputation through constant technological improvements, extensive research and innovation and superior customer service. So, what’s the difference?
The difference is our people
BioGuard Dealers are pool and spa care professionals. You can rely on our network of nearly 1,500 BioGuard retailers across the country for dependable, accurate, helpful advice. With regular access to education and training, our dealers will always be prepared to give you the best solution for your pool and spa care needs.
The difference is our products
We encourage the program approach to pool care. Simply put, it’s the easiest way to sparkling clear pool water. Our customized 3-Step programs, Mineral Springs® and non-chlorine SoftSwim® products are convenient and effortless. You’ll spend only minutes per week maintaining beautiful pool water.
The difference is our solutions
BioGuard pioneered the idea of computerized pool water analysis and we have continued to research and refine the process. The result? The fastest and most accurate water testing in the pool and spa industry. All you have to do is bring in a water sample from your pool to your local BioGuard Dealer and you’ll receive personalized instructions for start-up, closing and maintenance.
All are working to ensure you never miss a poolside memory.
So there you have it—a BioGuard snapshot. Whether you’re a new pool owner or an experienced one, we’ll turn you into the neighborhood pool expert in no time.
The 5 essentials of pool maintenance described here will give you a basic understanding of how your pool functions. Pool care can be simple when you have a plan for routine maintenance and use the right Bioguard products.
KEEP IN MIND……..
Each Pool maintenance key is very important. Consider each key, as a simple, preventative maintenance step.
Pool water must be circulated for maximum sanitizer effectiveness. The more your water is in motion, the harder it is for bacteria and algae to take hold. Debris is captured by your filter, too. The best time to circulate the water is during the day, for 10 hours or more.
The filter is one of your most important pieces of equipment. It removes both visible debris and most microscopic matter. Generally, a filter should be backwashed (the removal of material trapped on or in the filter media) when the water pressure in the filter reaches 8 to 10 psi above normal. (Check manufacturer’s guidelines.) Because backwashing does not remove oils and deeply embedded debris, every filter needs to be chemically cleaned regularly. Your BioGuard Dealer can help you establish a filter maintenance program.
Some swimming pools have areas with little or no circulation. This is where algae and bacteria can begin to grow. At least once a week, the walls and floor should be brushed and vacuumed to remove debris that the filter misses. Brushing is a must, even if you use an automatic pool cleaner or retain a weekly service.
Every pool has characteristics that must be regularly measured and adjusted. Most important are the pH and the level of active sanitizer. By testing these two factors at regular intervals, you’ll understand how bather load, weather and product application affect the water. Test your pool water two or three times per week. Also, take a sample to your BioGuard Dealer when you open and close your pool, and every four to six weeks during the season. This will help you maintain proper water balance and greatly reduce the potential for problems.
The last step in a total pool maintenance program is applying the right products to your pool water at the right time. This will help you:
- Provide a sanitary swimming environment.
- Balance the water to protect the equipment and pool surfaces. Unbalanced water can permanently damage both.
- Provide brilliant, sparkling water that’s inviting.
You may exchange or return merchandise for a full monetary refund, less shipping charges, within 30 days of purchase. You must have the original reciept for return. Product mus be unused, like-new condition, and 100% saleable condition in the original manufacturing’s packaging.
Special Order items are not returnable. Special order parts/products may be difficult to obtain. All dates set by Bennington Pool & Hearth are tentaive. Things such as back-orders, out of stocks, direct factory shipments can add to lead time of said part or product. Remember we do not control the manufacturers or the shipping companies. Also any returned products will be charged a 25% restocking fee.
Refunds will be issued for approved returns only. Refunds will be issued on the original form of payment and the following:
Credit Card Refunds: If original purchases payment was made by credit card , applicable refunds will be applied to the same credit card used for the original purchase. If the credit card is no longer active and available, then store account credit will be issued to the customer’s account as listed on the original purchase.
Cash Refunds: Cash refunds will only be made if the (1) original purchases payment was made with cash and (2)the original purchase totaled $50.00 or less. For refunds in excess of $50.00, Bennington Pool & Hearth will issue a company check. Office manager will will issue check within 3 business days.
Check Refunds: If original purchases payment was made by check, store will issue you company check. Please note that refund checks will be processed once the original customer’s check has been confirmed check clearing. Once the original check has cleared, company office manager will issue company check with in 3 business days, and will mail to original purchasers address.
For everyone’s safety and protection, we cannot and will not accept any returns on chemical products. This ensures no product has been tampered with.
Bennington Pool & Hearth reserves the right to inspect returning items.
Bennington Pool & Hearth has been building and servicing pools for over THREE decades. We have expanded over the years but 100% customer satisfaction is still our top priority. Many of our customers remember our humble beginnings. Over the years we have expanded our product lines to better serve our customers. We now offer wood stoves and pellet stoves along with STIHL chainsaws and trimmers. We are here before the sale, after the sale and any time in between. If you have any questions or concerns please email us (email@example.com) or call us (802-442-5237)
IRS RESIDENTIAL ENERGY CREDIT FORM (FORM 5695)
2012 FORM: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f5695.pdf
The 90 ft² Black Diamond Catridge filter is able to filter up to 25,000 gallons of water. The Black Diamond cartridge filter system with the state of the art cartridge holds more dirt leading to longer filter cycles and less servicing. System comes with 1 HP pump & motor. This system comes with all filtration hoses, pressure gauge and two gate valves.
If bought separately:
Cartridge Filter: $250.00
1 HP Pump & Motor: $225.00
Diamond Black Cartridge Filter System: $399.00
*limited quantities. Sale price for in-stock systems only.
- Much of the gasoline sold throughout the United States contains ethanol. The maximum ethanol content allowed by law for use in outdoor power equipment is limited to 10% (E10). Make sure the gasoline you purchase for your outdoor power equipment contains no more than 10% ethanol. If the filling station pump is not labeled with the ethanol content, ask the station attendant what percentage of ethanol is in the gasoline.
- Ethanol can dissolve varnish and gum deposits that have previously formed inside fuel storage cans or the equipment’s engine. When these deposits become dislodged, they can mix with the fuel and plug small openings and filters within the fuel system.
- Ethanol attracts and mixes with moisture in the air, causing corrosion to metal components in the fuel system. If enough water is absorbed, the ethanol and water will settle out of the gasoline blend and settle to the bottom of the equipment’s tank. The layer of gasoline left floating on top has a lower octane level than the original ethanol gasoline blend, which can result in unstable engine operation, power loss and major engine failures.
- Since the fuel is often drawn from the bottom of the fuel tank, the engine is drawing in a mixture of ethanol and water with no gasoline and no lubricating oil. This ethanol/water mix is thicker than gasoline and cannot easily pass through the fuel system. This can result in hard starting, unsafe high idle speeds, stalling, and can ultimately lead to engine damage or fuel system failure.
Guidelines for using E10 gasoline in STIHL power equipment:
If the proper precautions are taken, gasoline containing a 10% quantity of ethanol can safely be used in your STIHL products.
- Use a minimum of 89 octane gasoline and always use fresh fuel. Only buy enough gasoline that you can easily use up within a two-month period or use a specially formulated fuel mixture like STIHL MotoMix® Premixed Fuel. STIHL MotoMix® is a high-grade, high-octane, ethanol-free premixed fuel containing STIHL HP Ultra synthetic oil. It is a pure and stable fuel mixture that can be stored for up to two years in the original container and is ideal for machines that are used infrequently.
- For air-cooled, two-cycle engines, use a quality mix oil that meets the engine manufacturer’s recommendations. All STIHL oils are designed to readily mix with gasoline containing 10% ethanol.
- Properly store your equipment. If your equipment is not going to be used for a couple of months, the remaining gasoline in the machine should be drained from the tank and disposed of properly. To ensure that any remaining ethanol is removed from your equipment, STIHL recommends adding a small amount of STIHL MotoMix® Premixed Fuel to the tank and running the engine for a few minutes to circulate the fuel through the carburetor.
- Equipment should be serviced regularly by your STIHL Dealer. Items such as fuel filters, fuel lines, carburetor diaphragms and spark plugs should be checked and replaced if necessary as part of a normal engine tune-up.
The end of cold weather signifies the beginning of pool time for you and your family. Starting up your above ground pool is a quick and simple process. By following a short list of startup measures, you’ll ensure your pool is swim ready when you are:
- Remove your winter cover. Clean and protect it and store it in a cool, dry place.
- Remove leaves and debris from the pool bottom.
- Inspect your plumbing and check all connections for proper installation and operation.
- Add water up to the level recommended by the manufacturer.
- Once the water is at the desired level, add Bioguard’s algecide 28-40, polysheen blue, as recommended by your pool care professional and shock the pool.
- Run the filter until the water runs clear.
- Check the water balance.
We at Bennington Pools are proud to use the state of the art water testing system by Bioguard. Bring in a water sample to have it tested.